Coding has become one of the most in-demand skills for professionals, and rightfully so. The problem is that many people don’t have the technical skills to get started with coding. If you’re a manager of a company that’s looking to build an application or would like to create your own product, but don’t want the hassle of trying to secure a developer to take care of it, no-code platforms can be the answer for you.
The reality is that the demand for coders far outweighs the supply of coders. So therein lies the market opportunity in creating no code development platforms that will enable any manager, CEO, or even an ordinary person with an idea for an application to build a functional app without any coding skills.
The demand for these platforms predicts that the no code development platforms will become a market worth $45 billion by the year 2025. The demand for the skills that these platforms will produce was measured through a report done on top job requisitions from each industry. The report revealed that 47% of jobs in 2015 required skills in coding, compared to only 4% in 2008.
The demand for these skills will continue to rise because of the following reasons:
1) Coding is one of the most demanded skills in our modern society. The demand for these skills will only continue to increase in the coming years.
2) The development of intelligent robots is likely to increase, as well as other types of technologies like virtual assistants and more. The demand for coders will only continue to rise over the next decade.
3) A report done in 2014 by TIOBE (the number one database and search engine on programming languages) revealed that more languages were created every year in the last 15 years than in the past 6000 years combined by researchers in academia and industry.
What is no code development?
No code refers to the process of developing an application that requires no coding whatsoever from the user. Usually, no code platforms are used in combination with a visual editor. This means that users can drag and drop different elements on a page to create an application. Using these powerful platforms you can minimize time spent on development and focus more on creating a marketable product.
Taking the right approach in creating a no code development platform can produce a product that is much easier to use than creating it from scratch, which could save you time and money. You can also hire someone to create the front-end of your application for you so that all you have to do is fill in the back-end. If you come across any glitches along the way, the platform will also provide support for troubleshooting.
The most important part of no code is speed to taking an idea and turning it into a product. Recent studies on the effect of software development methodologies on software development time has shown that the average time to develop a web application reduced by 86% with no-code platforms.
No code is really going to add fuel to the digital transformation world. As it empowers people to create their own products, it will be able to connect the dots between the increasing demands for coding and the demand for no code platforms.
Why use a no code development platform?
Let’s say you have a marketing manager who is looking to build an application in order to increase the traffic at her company website. Using a no code development platform, she can just enter the domain of her choice, then select from different templates that are available. She can then add elements that are available within the template, such as images and text boxes.
Code-free software “sits” between the user, the idea and the technology. One of its biggest advantages is that it is easy to use, which makes it perfect for anyone who is not a developer with experience. If you don’t understand what you’re doing when you’re coding, you could easily make mistakes. This is why visual platforms are so much easier to use than traditional development platforms.
For example, if your CEO has an idea to create a product and you have no experience in coding, it would be better to use a no code development platform to create that product. If you try to do it all from scratch, you could easily make mistakes or overlook something. When this happens, the costs of your project will increase and your deadlines will become unreasonable as well.
The cost of hiring someone who has experience in coding can also be excessive when compared to the cost of using a no code development platform. Because you don’t have to hire someone full-time, this makes it a very good investment for small and medium-sized businesses.
What are the benefits (pros) of no code apps?
The benefits of using no code development platforms include the following:
1) No experience is required. The demand for coders is only going to continue to increase as the world becomes more advanced in technology. This means that less people will be able to create such apps by themselves, which will lead developers to request more money for their services. The number of companies that want to hire coders are going to increase, as well.
2) No coding skills are required. Let’s say you have a marketing manager who is looking for an idea that they can develop without needing to hire someone who understands coding. Using a no code development platform will allow them to create the product they need in all of 60 minutes. They will be able to create an application that will be easy for any user and also cost much less than hiring a developer.
3) No coding is required to update or change the product. Using no code development platforms allows you to create the application that your company needs and you will be able to change it when your company needs it. This means that this method of development can not only reduce costs but also provide more flexibility for companies.
4) No coding is required when finding a new idea. The products created by using no code platforms are very flexible and amendable, which means they are perfect for creating new ideas. They are also much easier for other people to understand, which makes them great for anyone who is looking to make adjustments to their business by adding a new feature.
5) No coding is required when adding new features. Using visual platforms allows you to add new features to your application by simply dragging and dropping the elements that you want to be added. This means that your developers won’t have to do any hand coding in order to get the application up and running.
6) No code will be needed when applying updates. If your business has a lot of money, it can be very expensive to create an application that includes adds-ons and changes. Using visual design platforms will allow you to keep your costs low by allowing you to take advantage of the many free upgrades that are available at all times.
7) No code is required for user registration. Using a no code platform makes it much easier for your company to maintain a user database and you won’t have to hire someone knowledgeable in the field of coding in order to handle this. Once your database is built it can be updated regularly without having to hire any additional expertise.
8) No code is required when accepting payments. Most businesses don’t want to deal with the hassle of coding, especially if they pay employees or receive a lot of money from clients. Using designs that incorporate payment can allow you to accept all of the major credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard.
9) No code is needed for managing events. Events are a great way to boost interest in an application and many businesses take advantage of this by holding contests or offering discounts for those who participate in an event. Using no code programs will allow you to implement these kinds of promotions quickly and easily by simply creating a new event.
10) No code is needed for inventory management. For many business owners, inventory management is a tedious task that takes up a lot of time. Using a no code platform will allow you to keep track of every item in your inventory without having to become an expert at using the coding language.
What are the disadvantages (cons) of no code apps?
The disadvantages of using no code are the following:
1) No code apps are not for everyone. If you are a very advanced programmer already with a good understanding of advanced business concepts then coding your own app may be the best option for you.
2) The learning curve is steep and lots of time must be invested to gain experience with no code apps, especially if you want to create a responsive, mobile-friendly website instead of just a basic landing page.
4) You need an eye for industry trends and insights. You need a good grasp of the latest web technologies. You need to understand the basic meaning of SEO, PPC, SEM, social media marketing and other related ideas.
5) You need to possess an analytical mind. You need to be able to monitor various aspects of the website’s performance and make the necessary changes.
What are the different types of no code platforms?
No code platforms are the new age of web development tools. They allow you to create an application without any coding at all. A no code platform will allow for drag and drop functionality, which will allow anyone with an idea to create a functional website as if they had extensive knowledge in coding. Some of the most popular examples of no-code platforms include:
1) Appy Pie: Appy Pie is one of the leading no code platforms that allows you to create your own mobile apps, websites, websites and more. You can pick from different templates and insert images, text boxes and other elements to help you build your application.
Appy Pie allows you to use their drag and drop functionality to make creating an application easy so that you don’t have to spend hours trying to figure out how all of the different pieces work together.
2) Airtable: Airtable is one of the most popular no-code platforms that are available today. You can create a database of any size for your business and even share and edit the information with other people who are using Airtable in their own databases.
3) Appsheet: Appsheet is another no code application that allows you to create your own app without any coding whatsoever. It is similar to Airtable in the sense that it allows you to create a database for your business needs.
4) Inductive: Inductive is another no code platform that allows you to create a database for your company and even store information in it. You can also manage the database on your phone so that it doesn’t take up too much storage space on your computer.
5) Webflow: Webflow allows you to create a website without any code. You can choose from a variety of templates and then add the elements that you want to be included. You can also use many different themes within the platform so that you aren’t just limited to one template.
6) Quickbase: Quickbase is an app that allows you to create a database for your company without any coding whatsoever. You can easily create a new spreadsheet and then add in elements such as images and text boxes to display information.
7) Parabola: Parabola is another no code platform that allows you to create a database for your business without having to hire a developer. It includes various components such as drag and drops functionality, templates and themes that you can use.
8) Invision: Invision is another no code platform that allows you to create a database without having any coding skills at all. Using this platform will allow your company to save money on costs associated with hiring developers and still be able to create an application or website that has all of the functionality required for your company.
9) Quixy: Quixy allows you to create a database without knowing anything about coding. You can choose from many different templates and then insert any elements that you want to make your database work the way that you need it to.
10) Zeplin: Zeplin is a no code platform that allows you to create templates for any type of application that your company needs. Once you have created an application, you will be able to save the code into your own in-house database so that it does not take up too much space on your computer.
As you can see there are many platforms to achieve many outcomes. The options have become endless in the no code arena. What’s great is that the developers behind these products are constantly refining and adding functions for more complex projects to be completed by no coding at all.
Is it easy to build an app with no coding skills?
If you are looking to create an app from scratch, then using a no code platform is the best option for you. It will allow you to bypass time-consuming coding processes and make sure that your application can be updated with the latest technology without having to purchase new software or subscriptions.
However, if you are not a developer then it may not be as easy as it seems. There is still plenty of time that must be allocated in order to complete an application in 60 minutes. If you want to go from start to finish without having to use any coding, it’s going to take a lot of creativity and testing.
No coding platforms allow you to create a database that is already filled in with different features. You can then customize the look and feel of the application by adding elements such as images, text boxes and buttons.
This means that there will still be some time needed to learn how the application works if you have not used one before. Although most no coding platforms will have video tutorials that will help you understand the different elements that can be used, there is still a learning curve before you can finish an app in 60 minutes.
Should I use a no code development platform?
No code applications are definitely the way things are headed in the world of web development and software creation. Many businesses that expect to make money from their ideas or capabilities have been waiting for this to happen for many years.
You have to be aware of trends in the market and have insight into your own business before you can create the next big thing. Web development is now more corporate than it is about one person’s ideas. It takes a large investment to even get started with a new application, which means that most people are going to conclude that it’s not worth their time and money.
How much does no code development cost and what are the costs like for a company that needs help building an app or website?
There are many costs to consider when creating a web presence for your business. One of the most important is getting the word out about your product or service. You have to be able to create enough exposure in order for people to notice you and want to purchase your services. This means that you will have to spend money on advertisements and marketing expenses.
No code developers are also aware of this problem and many of them offer services that allow for the creation of an application without having to spend any money on hiring someone with knowledge in coding. They have made it easy for you to create an application so that you can save money on this expense instead of spending money on the service.
This is definitely a great benefit, but it is not the only one. It’s important for your application to be functional, and this means that it will need to be tested extensively in order to make sure that the customer experience is as good as possible. This can cost a great deal of money if you are hoping to use a no coding solution.
In the end, the costs associated with creating an application are going to come down to experience. If you are a developer yourself, then you will be able to get a good deal on the creation of an application by using a no code platform. However, if you want someone else to do the coding for your company, it’s going to cost more than if you did it yourself.
Is there a difference between no code and low code?
It’s important to understand the difference between no code and low code because of how they are being used today. They are two different processes that allow for the same result, but a lot of people may be confused about the difference.
What is the future of coding with the rise of no code development?
Coding has become outdated in today’s business world. Even though many people enjoy the time they spend learning how many different elements can be used to create an application, there are no benefits for them or their businesses. The more websites that are created without using coding the better it is for the industry as a whole.
The use of drag and drop functionality has already begun to dominate and new companies will continue to add this functionality in order for their applications to be more attractive and user-friendly. This means that businesses are going to be able to sell their product or service with greater ease and less time spent learning how to code.
There are many other benefits to using no coding when creating an application. This method is being used more and more by professionals who want to create a professional-looking product without spending hours trying to understand how the different parts of the code work together.
However, this isn’t true, and many developers are choosing easy solutions such as no coding platforms so that they don’t have to waste their time learning an entirely new language.
Why content creators should be aware of no coding platforms?
Content creators should be aware of no coding platforms because they will help them create professional-looking content without having to spend a lot of time learning code. This is beneficial to content creators because they can then focus on creating the best possible content for your business.
Being of aware of the technology also helps you understand the benefits to your clients as you can explain more about the platform to them. It’s always better to get some insight into the types of technology and tools that are being used for your business since it will be able to put you ahead of the game when it comes to understanding what you are using for your business.
As a content strategist and when creating your content strategies, you should always be aware of tools that you can use to make your content look more professional. Many content creators are still using text and image-based templates today, so this is a great way for you to use your creativity without having to spend hours learning about code.
Maybe a no code platform can help you with your content creation workflows. Maybe you have a great product idea that would help content creators. My advice is for you to open your mind to new ideas and new ways of creating professional content with no coding. Keep in mind that not all no coding platforms are the same and you should always do your research before jumping into a new one.
How can some of these platforms help your business?
These no code platforms can definitely help your business if you are looking to create an app or website. No coding allows for your business to save money on developers and without having to learn complex code language, the creation process will be easier.
As you can tell, there are many different no code platforms that are available to create an application or website. There is so much competition in the industry today that customers will be looking for the easiest way to create quality applications for their businesses.
The best no code platforms will allow you to create a quality application without having any coding skills. This means that you will be able to save money and still have an application that is professional looking and easy for your customers to use.
No Code development conclusion
No coding platforms are the best way for businesses to create a professional-looking application without having to spend a lot of money on hiring a developer. While some programmers may be sceptical towards their use, it’s important for any business who wants their product or service to be successful to use one.
No code platforms allow anyone with an idea and a laptop the ability to create an application that can be marketed and sold without having to worry about learning complex coding languages.
No coding platforms create a simple drag and drop application that allows you to create an application as if you were using Flash. The development of these platforms is constantly increasing due to the demand that is being created by businesses who want the ability to create a web presence without having to hire a developer.
If you are looking for help with creating your own app or website then it’s important that you understand the difference between low code and no code before choosing a solution for your business needs.
No coding platforms are the most common solution right now but that doesn’t mean that they will be used forever. It’s important to keep an eye on trends and stay up-to-date with what’s being offered in the industry.